A recent study shows that the number of U. S. car dealers actually increased in 2011 – a turn around from years of steady decline in the numbers.
As number of auto dealers increases, so does the competition
In its annual Franchise Activity Report, the automotive research firm Urban Science released statistics showing an uptick in the number of car dealers nationwide after two years of significant attrition. The numbers show that:
- As of Dec. 31, 2011, there were 17,767 dealerships in the U.S., a 0.6 percent increase from 17,659 in 2010.
- In a "normal" year, there is a 2 percent decline in the number of dealerships, making the rise quite significant.
- Based on 2011 vehicle sales of 12.8 million, the average number of sales per dealership, increased approximately 10 percent year-over-year to 719 in 2011 (up from 656 in 2010). If this trend continues in 2012, Urban Science suggests average sales per dealer could reach an all-time high.
- The report also suggests the expected sales increase will drive more online traffic to dealerships as a precursor to foot traffic. Lead volume could increase by as much as 15-20 percent, with the average dealer getting 85 leads per brand per month, which is up from 75 leads per dealer per month in 2011.
|What does this mean for you and your car dealership? Well, it’s all definitely good news, but it also means increased competition for the increasing sales.|
|Here at Auto Credit Express, we have a number of auto sales lead programs that will keep your dealership at the top of the heap.|
Special finance Internet leads are our specialty.
We generate our own leads rather than just reselling leads bought from a lead exchange. Through our vast network of exclusive, high traffic websites, we originate high quality leads to special finance customers with bad credit. We transmit these leads securely, in real-time to LotPro’s Simple CRM – a first-in-class subprime auto finance leads management system. We also offer two of the auto finance lead programs -- the Auto Credit Express Premier Lead Service and the Autonet Financial No Sale No Fee Lead program.
- With the Auto Credit Express leads, you pay for the leads and they are yours to process any you like.
- While we can securely post your leads to any CRM system, we highly recommend our proprietary online LotPro software, which offers many exclusive features to help build your business. Our auto finance leads subscribers also receive free access to our Bankruptcy Marketing System, and used car leads from LotPro.com.
- With our AutoNet Financial leads, we pay for the leads and send them to you.
- We only post leads to our LotPro software and then those leads are sent to our member car dealers. Each lead sent to a dealership is then approved or declined within 24 hours of posting to LotPro. When leads are approved, our automotive call center contacts them and sets up a time for them to visit your dealership. If a lead misses the appointment, our call center will rework another meeting time.
The time to compete is now and Auto Credit Express specializes in subprime auto finance leads programs to help grow your dealerships sales.